• What is unique about ALT®?
LÄRABAR ALT® is the first-ever bar with added protein from LÄRABAR! We recognize that many people are looking for a bar with added protein—so we created a snack that tastes delicious and indulgent.
• Why did you name it “ALT®”? What does it mean?
When developing LÄRABAR ALT®, we took an alternative approach. Many bar brands use soy or whey protein, but ALT uses a unique protein source: peas.
• What are the quality standards for ALT® ingredients?
No added sulfites
No preservatives, fillers, or colorings
• What is the protein additive? Where does it come from?
LÄRABAR ALT® uses a vegetable protein that comes from peas.
• Why pea protein?
Many people prefer a non-dairy source of protein, and peas are a unique option.
• What is pea protein? How is it made?
Pea protein comes from – you guessed it – peas! After peas are milled into flour, the protein can be separated from the rest of the pea, dried, and then ready for use in LÄRABAR ALT®.
• Does LÄRABAR ALT® include added vitamins, minerals, or supplements?
Protein is the only added nutrient to LÄRABAR ALT®. All other vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in the bar come from the ingredients—the way nature created them.
• Does ALT® contain any sugar?
LÄRABAR ALT® is sweetened with brown rice syrup.
• Is ALT® Gluten Free? Dairy Free? Vegan? Kosher?
LÄRABAR ALT® is non-GMO, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and Kosher.
• Why doesn’t the packaging for ALT® include a soy free claim?
The ingredients in the recipe for ALT® bars do not contain soy; however, we have not verified that these products meet a Soy Free claim.
• What is the shelf life of an ALT® bar?
The shelf life of a LÄRABAR ALT® bar is 9 months.
• Is the ALT® wrapper recyclable?
All LÄRABAR ALT® wrappers are able to be recycled through our partnership with Terracycle.
The LÄRABAR ALT® caddies/display boxes are made of 100% Recycled Paperboard and made using 100% Wind Energy.