Apple Pie Cookies
This recipe came to us from one of our Ambassadors, Natalie!
To learn more about our Ambassador program, see here.
Prep time 20 minutes.
Makes 16-18 two inch cookies.
- 2 Apple Pie LÄRABAR bars broken into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Combine oats, flour, coconut, and sea salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine flax meal mixture, melted coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla extract, maple syrup and optional dried fruit (if coconut oil solidifies, heat wet ingredients on a low heat or place bowl in microwave until coconut oil re-melts). Add wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix well.
4. Add LÄRABAR crumbles to combine.
5. With moist hands and a teaspoon form 2 inch cookies and place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden.
6. Gluten Free Option: Replace 1 cup of whole wheat flour with 1 cup of oat flour. Oat flour can be made at home by pulsing oats in a blender until flour forms.