Herbed Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
Serves 2 to 4
Serve this bright, cheesy cauliflower rice alongside a main course, or use it for a Meatless Monday alongside other vegetable dishes. Thanks to the fresh herbs and Parmesan, it’s as flavorful as it is comforting.
1 small head cauliflower, riced (about 4 cups cauliflower rice)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ cup diced green pepper
½ cup diced yellow onion
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons ribboned basil
2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Add green peppers, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
3. Sauté until vegetables are soft and onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
4. Add riced cauliflower, parsley and basil.
5. Toss together until everything is warm throughout.
6. Remove mixture to serving bowl or plate, and add cheese, tossing everything together. Serve warm.
Shanna Mallon is a Nashville writer and photographer who loves real food as much as she loves real talk. She and her husband, Tim, blog at FoodLovesWriting.com, and their book, The Einkorn Cookbook, comes out in December 2014.