Peanut Butter Berry Buckwheat Porridge
Buckwheat is a grainier alternative to oatmeal or breakfast quinoa. Just cook it in your milk of choice (we love almond milk, but coconut milk works well here too), and top it with your choice of LÄRABAR, fruits, and seeds.
Yields: 1 bowl of buckwheat porridge
LÄRABAR Pairing: Peanut Butter Cookie LÄRABAR
1 cup buckwheat
1 cup water
2 cups almond milk
1 tsp peanut butter
1/2 Peanut Butter Cookie LÄRABAR, thinly sliced
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 strawberries, sliced
1 tbsp cocoa nibs
1. Boil the cup of water in a saucepan.
2. When boiling, add the buckwheat and cook until water evaporates.
3. Add 1 cup of almond milk and cook until liquid is gone, add the rest of the almond milk and cook until buckwheat is tender.
4. When finished, stir in peanut butter and mix well.
5. Add buckwheat mixture to bowl and decorate with LÄRABAR, chia seeds, strawberries, raspberries, cocoa nibs and blueberries.