Paleo Apple Crisp
Just because you are giving up grains doesn’t mean you have to give up apple crisp. Using almond flour instead of regular flour makes this recipe Paleo, grain free, and gluten free. The Renola adds the necessary crunch on top.
Yields: 1 apple crisp
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes
Pairing suggestion: Cinnamon Nut Renola
4 apples, peeled and sliced
juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp coconut sugar
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 package Cinnamon Nut Renola
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix almond flour, coconut, Renola, coconut sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and chopped walnuts together. Pour coconut oil over mixture and combine until even.
3. Toss apples with lemon juice. Lay apples down in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
4. Cover apples evenly with topping mixture.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until top turns golden brown.
6. Serve warm, and top with almond milk.