LÄRABAR SMALL BUSINESS BOOST CONTEST
Void where prohibited by law. Many will enter, few will win.
Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55426.
Administrator: Juicyorange, LLC, 275 West 39th St, New York, NY 10018.
1. What Can I win? 10 Grand Prizes: $2,500 small business grant, paid by check (value $2,500, subject to taxation) and 25 First Prizes: LÄRABAR prize pack (estimated retail value $25). Approximate total prize value $25,625.
2. Eligibility. The LÄRABAR Small Business Boost Contest (the “Contest”) is open to owners of small business (as defined below) who have placed an order in the LÄRABAR Wholesale store between November 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020; are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia; and are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. A small business is defined as a business owned and operated by an individual, family, or group of people; is an independent enterprise with five locations or less; and must make less than $1,000,000 in total annual revenue.
3. Employees of Sponsor or any promotion, advertising, judging or public relations company doing business with any of the above or any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing. The Contest begins on May 1, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") and ends on May 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the "Entry Period"). For the purposes of this Contest a day ("Day") is defined as a calendar day beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. CT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter. To enter during the Entry Period, visit www.larabar.com/small-business-boost (the “Contest Site”), click on the Contest’s application page and follow the online instructions to obtain an entry. You will be invited to complete an Official Entry Form and 2 essays (the “Essays”) - Tell us how the coronavirus has affected your business operations; and How would you put a small business grant to use (limit 500 characters each).
The Essays and Official Entry Form shall be collectively referred to as the “Entry”. Only Entries which contain both essays will be considered eligible. Limit one (1) Entry per business/person, per email address. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the limitation will be void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10 below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. All Entries must comply with the following additional requirements to be considered eligible:
a. The Essays must each be 500 characters or less and in English.
b. The Entry submitted must not make product claims about LÄRABAR about a particular health or similar benefit or any other claim which does not reflect a typical consumer experience.
c. The Entry may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
d. The Entry must be your original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
e. You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with your Entry, who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor's ability to display the Entry in any media form; 2) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this Contest, or from allowing Sponsor to use royalty-free, the Entry worldwide in all media in perpetuity.
f. The Entry must not contain any commercial content or logos other than that of LÄRABAR brand.
g. The Entry may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards.
h. The Entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In addition, you hereby grant permission for the Entry to be posted on the Contest Site or other websites, and within other promotions and/or advertisements. You agree that Released Parties (as defined in section 10 below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. You agree that you will not use the Entry for any other purpose without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
5. Judging. All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of judges (“Judges”) based on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness of story (50%)
- Reflection of drive for your business (25%)
- Priority given to those who plan to use funds for maintaining operations – rent, payroll, invest in virtual tech, etc. (25%)
The ten (10) Entries with the highest scores from the Judges will be deemed the potential winners (each, a “Potential Grand Prize Winner”). In the event of a tie, the Potential Winner among the tied Potential Winners with the highest score from the Judges for the “Uniqueness” judging criteria will be declared the Potential Winner. Twenty-five (25) Entries will be drawn at random from the remaining eligible Entries (each, a “Potential First Place Winner”).
Sponsor reserves the right to choose fewer than ten (10) Potential Grand Prize Winners or twenty-five (25) First Place Winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. A Potential Grand Prize Winner must be able to provide proof that he/she is eligible to be deemed an official winner to Sponsor and/or Administrator’s satisfaction before being declared an official winner (“Official Winner”). If the Contest Site fails for any reason any Entry received during that time will be deemed a defective Entry.
6. Verification of Potential Winners. Potential winners will be notified on or about May 22, 2020. Each Potential Winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (unless prohibited) ("Affidavit"), which must be returned by Potential Winner and received by Sponsor by May 29, 2020 at 11:59pm CT. Potential Winners will be required to complete a W9 tax form in order to claim prize. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, Potential Winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, fails or refuses to claim his or her prize for any reason, or a prize is unclaimed, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will select an alternate winner by applying the judging criteria above. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely the responsibility of the Official Winners
7. Prize Restrictions. Limit one (1) prize per business/person. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, substituted, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. After accepting the Prize, the Official Winners and their nominees will be automatically considered ineligible for the next three (3) subsequent Lärabar contests.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, accepting a prize in the Contest constitutes your consent for Sponsor to use your Entry, name, likeness, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. This consent includes, but is not limited to, the Entry and any content gathered by Sponsor.
10. Release. By receipt of any prize, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising, agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Contest or resulting directly or indirectly, from your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest.
11. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. No more than the stated number of prizes in these official rules will be awarded. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
WARNING: Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limited Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, by printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any aspect of the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related matter or materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Contest and/or downloading of any materials related to this Contest. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest.
13. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
15. Winner List. For Rules or a winner list, visit the Contest Site. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
16. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram.
ABBREVIATED RULES FOR USE ON WEBSITE LANDING PAGE
Open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older. Submit your entry online. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT on May 15, 2020. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules for details. Sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55426.
ABBREVIATED RULES FOR USE IN PRINT
Open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older. Submit your entry online. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT on May 15, 2020. Void where prohibited. For Official Rules and details, go to www.larabar.com/small-business-boost. Sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55426.
ABBREVIATED RULES FOR USE ONLINE & IN SOCIAL MEDIA
Open to legal residents of 50 US, 18+. Ends 05/15/20. Subject to Official Rules at www.larabar.com/small-business-boost.